S.T.S. is a well established international travel company in Ho Chi Minh City, Viet Nam. S.T.S. tours are mixes of what you want and what we can do for safe and satisfying trips.
- The traditional greeting gestures are head nodding or Buddhist’s praying
- The handshake is becoming more common for both men and women.
- Bargaining is a must when shopping at markets or shops
- Keep your feet on the ground where they belong
- Stay calm and smile when the locals make mistakes to you
- Practice eating with chopsticks (in Vietnam, Japan, Korea and China)
- Bring light clothes, some long pants, shirts with sleaves, shorts,
T-shirts, swimming suits etc except in Winter (December to March).
- Bring your own medication for normal stomach problems, headache, cold, insect bites, etc.
- Tipping is not customary in those countries, but will be highly appriciated by guides, drivers, hotel and restaurant staff.
- Don't wear shoes inside some temples, pagodas, homes, guesthouses or shops
- Don't show much money, jewelry, or expensive belongings while hanging around in big cities, which may attract pick-pocketters.
- Don't touch adult people on the head or unknown women.
- Don’t leave a pair of chopsticks sticking vertically in a rice bowl because it looks very similar to the incense sticks which are burned for the dead.
- Don’t eat much raw vegetable and don’t drink ice not from a good source of water.
- Don’t drink water from the tap